Not enough time or energy to shop for clothes after a long week at work? Check out my three favorite online stores to buy maternity clothes for work, plus a few extra shops that get an “honorable mention.”
Between work, planning for baby and taking care of your own health, you probably don’t have a spare minute to wander around, looking at more racks of casual maternity wear or “funny” pregnancy tshirts.
So, how did I rate the top three? Affordable, mid- to upper-range quality and ease of returns. The only stores that made my top three make it easy to return, although the right store for you may depend on your geographic location.
No time now? Pin it now and come back later.
1. Where to Buy Maternity Clothes? Target.com!
Already a Target or Target.com fan for other purchases? Already registered there for your baby shower?
Maybe you’ve picked up a few clothing items from Target in the past, but did you know that Target stores offer a great maternity wear section?
If you have a local Target store, and especially if you shop there regularly, make this your go-to online store to check first when you’re buying maternity wardrobe staples.
Not many work-appropriate maternity clothes at your local Target? Please take a look at all the professional maternity style on Target.com.
With free shipping in the U.S. for orders over $35 (when I wrote this post in early 2018), just save the packing receipt when you receive your delivery.
If the maternity dress, pants or top don’t fit, stop by the customer service counter at your local Target. I’ve never had trouble quickly taking care of in-store returns, and bonus, you don’t have to worry about dealing with return shipping or packaging! (I know, I know…#firstworldproblem, but a problem nonetheless!)
Related Posts Target.com Maternity Clothes
2. Amazon Sells Maternity Clothes Brands, Too!
Amazon has been my source for a little bit of everything since 2002, from gardening tools to office supplies, and everything in between.
Did you know that Amazon features an amazing array of specialty clothing, including some great deals on work-appropriate maternity style? I’ve shared Amazon maternity office style finds before, so definitely consider them for filling out your maternity wardrobe.
I love the convenience of clothes shopping on Amazon (and you probably already know this), but I always double check return policies before buying any clothing on Amazon (so, please do the same!)
Related Posts Featuring Amazon.com Maternity Clothes
3. Stitch Fix Delivers Maternity Clothes Direct to You!
Stitch Fix provides online maternity styling at affordable prices. Complete a style profile (including your due date) so that your personal stylist can get to work. (You can let your stylist know if you are only looking for dresses, tops, pants, etc.)
Stitch Fix Maternity carries sizes 0-14 and XS-XL as well as maternity-friendly items in sizes 16-24W.
For a $20 styling fee (waived if you purchase even one piece), you’ll receive the 5 best clothing, shoes or accessories that fit your tastes, needs and budget directly to your home.
Upon receipt, you have three days to decide what you want to keep or send back in the prepaid USPS envelope. Shipping and returns are free. Here’s the Stitch Fix FAQ if you have a specific concern.
Skeptical? Or, got a “fix” a few years ago, but it didn’t work for you?
Here’s my experience: I’d heard about Stitch Fix for several years before I finally tried it myself last December.
First box: dud.
Second box: huge win… I bought it all. And, I can’t wait for my next box in a few weeks.
Difference between the two shipments: Before the second box, I provided my stylist specific feedback and shared a brand new Pinterest board filled with style inspiration relevant to the clothes I want to be wearing now… i.e. don’t share your Pinterest board that you created 4 or more years ago for casual beachwear or evenings out-on-the-town. 😉
My “fix” didn’t include maternity wear, so I made sure to check out the Stitch Fix Maternity Reviews before recommending this option to you!
Stitch Fix also shares some helpful tips for the pregnant mom on their style blog, including the following posts:
- Own Your Style With Stitch Fix Maternity *affiliate link
- 5 Maternity Wardrobe Must-Haves For Mid-Stages *affiliate link
- How to Update Your Style Profile *affiliate link
Honorable Mentions – Where to Buy Maternity Clothes for Work
These are great stores, and they offer a great selection of office-appropriate maternity wear.
In most cases, I simply didn’t have personal experience buying directly from these shops. They’re all worth a look – check to see if these great brands and retailers fit your maternity style and budget. Affiliate links follow.
- Isabella Oliver Sign up for their newsletter to receive a discount code! I found some amazing Isabella Oliver tops and a great dress that I wore to the office a lot during my pregnancy. I definitely got enough wear out of each of those fairly pricey garments to justify the initial expense!
- Pink Blush Maternity Watch the banner at the top of the website for periodic sales. Also, new email subscribers may be offered a 10% off your first order code!
- ASOS Are you an Ebates user? In January 2018, Ebates was offering 2.5% cash back on ASOS purchases.
- LOFT Are you an Ebates user? In January 2018, Ebates was offering 2% cash back on LOFT purchases.
- Macy’s Are you an Ebates user? In January 2018, Ebates was offering 6% cash back on Macy’s purchases.
- Seraphine Watch the website banner for seasonal sales. This brand is hot with royals and celebrities!
I hope some of these ideas help you out! Drop me an email (or just comment below) if you’ve been struggling with any particular maternity style problems, and I’ll do what I can to help!
Want to come back and shop later? Pin it now and read later. See you soon!