Hi, I’m Ariana Marshall! A serial career break artist, I’ve been inspired by travel, dream jobs, job loss and finally parenthood to take frequent side trips off the traditional career path. I’m dedicated to helping other women make the transition on and off the career path at their own pace.
In the past 20 years, I’ve stepped away from traditional jobs to join Peace Corps, train horses, travel abroad and become a parent. I’ve gone back and forth between these adventures and traditional office jobs, until my most recent departure in 2012 launched me on this work from home adventure.
Enough about ME! Who are YOU?
- You are passionate about your career, education and professional achievements.
- You are balancing your professional ambition with a need to slow down, and have more time for yourself and family.
- You are worried that if you take a break from your current (or most recent) full-time position, you won’t be employable in the future.
- You need support from other women who understand your worries, frustrations and ambitions because they’ve been there before or are experiencing the same issues themselves.
- You are overwhelmed by the amount of information available and the limited time you have to sort through it.
- You need time to look at and think about the most useful information without being pushed to buy into a product line or one specific business model.
- You need a plan to work on, to reach the goals you set at your own pace.
My name is Ariana Marshall, and I help moms like you to move beyond the overwhelm and worry by providing you with the resources to make the transition on and off the career track at your own pace.
Yes, I’ll give you the action plans, tools and plenty of free content so you can read, decide and plan your next step without wasting your time or mental energy coming up with the research plan.
You’ve probably already stumbled over somebody else’s sales pitch to do the same thing that they are doing… And, you know what? That full-time job, that online business or even that real estate investing opportunity might be the right thing for you. But, I’m suggesting that you could feel way more confident pursuing whichever opportunity that you choose, if you take the time and spend the energy to read about your options, consider the pros and cons and make a plan.
I want to help you with this step, so you can take the next step with confidence.
Now, here’s a little bit about me… Ariana
- I worked in international trade for almost eight years. My longest stretch on the career track!
- I worked for a small software start-up that went bust and ended up on unemployment for a few months. Some of the most stressful weeks of my life!
- I started freelance writing on the side almost by accident in 2010. Before that, I never formally held a job as a “writer.”
- I have formal degrees in Business and certificates in Project Management, but I think I’ve learned as much (or more) just by doing.
- I’ve once traveled by road through the mountains from Western China to Kyrgyzstan. I had a life before becoming a mom, but my kids will never believe it!
I hope to get to know you, as you work toward your own professional goals. I’ve prepared the Job Search Planner as a first step in assessing yourself and your goals. Complete the form below to download the Planner.
Remember, the Planner is not just for job hunting — it can also be used as a starting point for assessing what goal you want to pursue next, whether that ends up being a traditional job, freelance, or your own business.
Join me to work through and share your challenges and dreams as we plan, live and emerge from our career breaks!